Rubin Museum Shows a Selection of Reuven Rubin Paintings

The Rubin Museum in Tel Aviv presents a Selection of Reuven Rubin Paintings from the Permanent collection on view through 30/11/2011.

Selected highlights from the museum’s permanent collection, spanning from his earliest works painted in Europe following the First World War, through his early Eretz-Israel art to his late lyrical landscapes of the 1960’s & 1970’s.

The Rubin Museum is an artist-house-museum in the historical heart of Tel Aviv, formerly the home of the painter Reuven Rubin, where he resided with his family and worked from 1946 until his death in 1974. Constructed in 1930, the house on 14 Bialik St. opened to the public as a museum in 1983. A choice selection from the Museum’s permanent collection of Reuven Rubin’s paintings has been on display, replaced periodically by guest exhibitions focusing on the early period of Israeli art. There are 4 floors in the Museum: the new children’s workshop is located on the basement level, opening to the backyard. The street level floor houses the main gallery, as well as the entry hall and the Museum’s shop. An additional gallery is located on the second floor, where the visitor will also find the library and reading room. Rubin’s own studio, preserved as it was in his life time is located on the third floor. This floor also houses a biographical display of photos, documents and sketches unfolding Rubin’s life-story, intertwined as it was with the local artistic and cultural scene.

Rubin Museum
14 Bialik st. Tel Aviv 63324
Phone: 03-5255961
Fax: 03-5254230
Email: [email protected]
www.rubinmuseum.org.il

Post a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

Top